Thursday 12 September 2024

Planning Task 8 : Photography Planning

For my original images, I'm going to take them myself with my phone. My models will cover two different social groups as I'm using a girl and a guy for the respective editions. For my first edition, the model will be male. The setting of the photos will be a skate park to create anchorage with the main coverline of the second edition, which mentions 'skate punk'. Along with this, I will use a prop of a skateboard to emphasise the anchorage created. The model will wear dark red and black as these are colours often associated with rock music genres, the masthead will be dark red to match this and create a sense of uniformity. The picture will be taken from a slight low to high angle and make use of direct gaze to communicate ideas of power and confidence to the audience


For my second edition, I'm using a female model and the background will be an indoor setting. I'm not using any props for my second edition and my model will wear dark purple as it's commonly associated with rock/alternative music and it will match the masthead's colour. The model will use direct gaze with the camera to communicate a sense of confidence to the audience. The lighting and background will be bright white to create a contrast with the dark colours used in the costume and masthead.


I will also take a picture of some CDs for my contents page as it will correlate to one of my coverlines which mentions CD collecting to make my images relevant to the content of my magazine. For one other image for my respective contents pages, I will use variants of the main image on the front cover to create uniformity and caption them with directions to the page of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task 8 : Photography Planning

For my original images, I'm going to take them myself with my phone. My models will cover two different social groups as I'm using a...